Marilyn Opdyke is an energetic and well-seasoned pro with skills and expertise spanning nearly three decades. With an innate ability to listen, understand challenges, clarify and define issues, she works hand-in-hand with leadership to develop workable solutions that make businesses and organizations successful.
Marilyn aptly blends academic research and models with hands-on workplace experience – key factors that make her stand out as a consultant and leadership coach.
While holding corporate leadership positions, Marilyn honed her ability to achieve tough business objectives while developing and motivating a diverse and productive workforce. In addition to her business degrees she was trained in both Deming and Crosby approaches to Quality Management and became passionate about ‘prevention and process improvement’. Though quality is one of her hallmarks, people are her focus. It is Marilyn’s deep-rooted conviction that people are the defining factor in organizational performance. To her, leadership matters, and this basic tenet frames all her work.
During her storied career, Marilyn has developed and delivered over 20 different courses in quality, communications, leadership, management and process improvement; she has also personally coached a number of key leaders and executives, guiding them through career and organizational challenges and helping them reach their goals. As a noted facilitator and speaker, her keynote presentations and training are filled with energy, anecdotes, and powerful lessons for leaders at all stages of their careers.
Marilyn’s corporate and consulting experience includes:
- Twenty three years of corporate experience in the computer, automotive, and non-profit sectors
- Thirteen years as an independent consultant and owner of The Opdyke Group, Inc. and the Opdyke Consulting Group, Inc.
- Facilitation of over 20 strategic planning processes and events with non-profit boards and corporate leadership teams.
- One-on-one coaching for over 25 leadership and executive clients
- Board and leadership consulting and facilitation experience with non-profits, educational institutions and state and regional workforce development systems
- Design and delivery of leadership and staff retreats and interactive learning events
- Design and delivery of customized training and professional and leadership development experiences for numerous client organizations
A lifetime learner herself, Marilyn holds a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree from the University of Michigan, a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Eastern Michigan University and pursued her doctoral work at the University of Colorado Graduate School of Public Affairs in Denver. She resides in Troy, Michigan.